Our Pacuare River Overnight Rafting Trip will absolutely be the highlight of any vacation to Costa Rica! Our Overnight Trips offers our clients not only the thrill and beauty of the Pacuare River, but also the unique experience of spending a night or two in one of the most bio-diverse ecosystems on the Planet.
Itinerary – 2-day Pacuare River Overnight Rafting Trip
Day 1 – Wake early for a 2 day white water rafting adventure on the Pacuare River. We will travel from Turrialba to Tres Equis where we’ll descend through dense jungle into the heart of the Rio Pacuare gorge. On its way to the Caribbean Sea, the Pacuare plunges through some of Central America’s last untouched tropical rain forest.
Once you arrive at the River, your Professional Bilingual Guides will fit you into our top of the line safety equipment.
Prior to launching, the guides will do a comprehensive Rafting Safety Talk. While rafting the class III and IV rapids, you’ll gaze in wonder at the primordial forest and its wild inhabitants. Half way down the river we’ll pull over at our amazing riverside lodge, while your guides prepare a delicious jungle meal in the fully equipped open-air kitchen. That evening, after happy hour, you’ll sleep in one of our 14 cozy Cabinas that all overlook the river and listen as the Jungle’s nocturnal creatures serenade you into a well deserved slumber.
Day 2 – Today you’ll wake to the singing of Tropical Birds and rumble of the nearby River. The lovely aroma of percolating coffee will coax you out of your cozy Cabinas and to the hearty breakfast your trusty guides have been preparing. After breakfast, it’s back to work, we’ve got boats to load and rapids to conquer. Today’s Whitewater will be even more thrilling than the previous day’s and we’ll encounter several exciting class IV Rapids!
Most noteworthy of this trip will be a short but spectacular hike to one of the Canyon’s most spectacular Waterfalls. The cool water in the pristine pool at the base of the falls is a perfect and refreshing break from the warm tropical jungle. Swim as long as you like or just relax and take in the incredible natural beauty around you. After a few more River miles, we’ll pull over for a gourmet river lunch once again prepared by your trusty guides. Soon it’s back to work, we’ve got some more miles to cover to get to the take out!
- Trip Length – 2 Days
- River Length – 19 Miles
- Time on the River – 4 to 6 hrs depending on River level
- 2-day Price – Pricing depends on group size and itinerary, please contact us for and exact quote.
- Experience Level – Beginner
- Age Level – Contact us for info
- Professional Bilingual Guides
- All Professional Equipment
- Accommodations At The Pacuare River Lodge, (River View Cabins)
- All Meals Starting With Lunch Day One And Ending With Lunch Day Two
- Happy Hour!! (Beer, Wine And Tropical Drinks)
- Round Trip Transportation From Turrialba.
If you have a rental car we can store it for you in our secure location overnight and shuttle it to the River take-out on Day 2. This will allow you to get an earlier start on your next destination in Costa Rica.
- Two Days Rafting On The Pacuare River
- Photos of your trip on the Pacuare River (other companies charge extra for this)
- We only sell private multi-day trips thus allowing us to take our time and enjoy the river. While other companies have a strict schedule to keep, pushing clients down the river, we prefer to seize the moment(s) and experience the Pacaure River.
- Shoes – Athletic Sandal (Tevas or Chacos), Tennis Shoe or River Booties
- Synthetic, quick-dry T-shirt (long sleeve is great for added sun protection)
- Personal Toiletries
- Light Waterproof Jacket for evenings
- Personal Reading Material
- Clothing for the Lodge
- Light Hiking shoes for the longer Hikes
- Water Bottle
- Waterproof Sunscreen (50 SPF or better)
- Insect Repellent
- Dry Clothes for the Take-out
- Croakies or straps to secure glasses
- Flashlight or headlamp