Pacuare River rafting in Costa Rica is unbelievable. The Pacuare River is the undisputed crown jewel of all the Costa Rican Rivers. National Geographic rated the Pacuare River one of the top three rafting rivers in the world. The Pacuare River Gorge is home to literally thousands of exotic creatures such as sloth, monkeys, toucans, and the elusive jaguar. This lush paradise is accentuated by dozens of spectacular waterfalls crashing down hundreds of feet into the blue-green waters of the Pacuare. The Pacuare is invariably the highlight of any vacation to Costa Rica.
Itinerary – One Day Pacuare River Rafting
Day 1 – Today you’ll wake early for a one-day Pacuare River rafting adventure. We will travel from Turrialba to the river put-in where we’ll descend through dense jungle into the heart of the Rio Pacuare gorge. On its way to the Caribbean Sea, the Pacuare plunges through some of Central America’s last untouched tropical rain forest. Once you arrive at the River, your Professional Bilingual Guides will fit you into our top of the line safety equipment.
Prior to launching, the guides will do a comprehensive Rafting Safety Talk. In between the class III and IV rapids you’ll gaze in wonder at the primordial forest and its wild inhabitants. A few miles in, we’ll pull over to do a short but spectacular hike to one of the Canyon’s most beautiful Waterfalls. The cool water in the pristine pool at the base of the falls is a perfect and refreshing break from the warm tropical jungle. Swim as long as you like or just relax and take in the incredible natural beauty around you.
After a few more River miles, we’ll pull over for a gourmet river lunch prepared by your trusty guides. Then, it’s back to work, we’ve got some more big rapids to conquer to the take out!
- Trip Length – One Day
- River Length – 19 Miles
- Time on the River – 4 to 6 hrs depending on River level
- Price – $95 per person (discounts available for larger groups)
- Experience Level – Beginner
- Age Level – Contact us for info
- Professional Bilingual Guides
- All Professional Equipment
- Lunch on the River (most companies rush Down the river to get the clients to a small buffet lunch at a restaurant).
- One day rafting on the Pacuare River
- Round trip transportation from Turrialba.
- Rental Car Shuttle to the River’s take-out – this lets you get an earlier start to your next destination in Costa Rica
- Photos of your river trip (other companies charge extra for this)
- Other companies have a strict schedule to keep due to the large group sizes. Because we keep our trip sizes small we don’t have to rush our clients down the river. We figure many of our clients will only experience the Pacuare River once, why not make the most of it.
- Shoes – Athletic Sandal (Tevas or Chacos), tennis shoe or River Booties
- Synthetic, quick dry T-shirt (long sleeve is great for added sun protection)
- Waterproof Sunscreen (50 SPF or better)
- Insect Repellent
- Dry Clothes for the Take-out
- Croakies or straps to secure glasses
- Prescription medications needed during the tour